Pages

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Letter to the Lakers

Photobucket
When you two boys play together it makes me so happy. You aren’t at odds with eachother, you trust eachother...keep it up!


Dear Lakers:

Hopefully you’re having a relaxing day, enjoying the hotel room before the big night. (Don’t go outside, you may get a Boston-style beat down.) This is a crazy time right now and I don’t want to add any more pressure. With that said I really want you to win the next two games. This is very important to me. I’m not basing our relationship on these next few games. I was faithful during the Del Harris years; I’m not going to do anything stupid. Besides the last few months have been incredible.

It’s been so great to see you play unselfish basketball and work as a team. While I value all the championships, this is the most fun I’ve had watching playoffs since Showtime. While I did love you in the Shaq years, that was a very different time based solely on having muscle down low and finesse in Kobe. This time its different…you’re energized, everyone is an option and you work well as a team…it’s been great. I love watching you drive the lane and have a good shot that you could take and instead dishing it out to the player that’s there for the GREAT shot. This teamwork brings me joy. We need to get back to this rhythm.

I want to see that rhythm consistently these next two games. If that happens then you’re going to make history and get the championship. If not, you will have a summer to regret getting overwhelmed over the last 2 weeks. Thursday night you lost a game by blowing a 24-point lead. You pulled it out last night, but you need to stay consistent! I think this lies in the hands of Gasol and Odom. When they are on, it’s a sure victory. It would be perfect for this season to come from behind for a championship after a rough series. Not only would this be historical, it would also be inline with this come from behind season. The dynasty has started and lets do it right. Rebound-by-rebound, quarter-by-quarter, game-by-game you will win ring after ring.

Love you guys no matter what.

-trent

0 comments:

© 2011 trent lewis

all rights reserved