Pages

Friday, June 20, 2008

It ain’t easy being green, and freakishly huge.

Photobucket
Solider: ”Hey man, you think we can work this out?”
Hulk:”I’ve tried multiple UN resolutions, and it was time for me to preemptively get angry. You don’t like me when I’m preemptively angry!”



Everyone turns to each other at work and says “It’s Friday movie day, lets do this.” Sure enough 15 minutes later we are buying our tickets for Incredible Hulk. I wasn’t amped on seeing this movie, but it’s Friday afternoon movie time so I am in. Friends who are fans of comic books seemed amped about this film. I was indifferent. I missed the version from 5 years ago and only vague recollections from the TV show of 30 years ago. Apparently the original Hulk film of the decade was so bad that they’re releasing this version under the pretense that the other film never happened. (While this isn’t a shining endorsement, it kind of makes me want to watch it.)

I like Ed Norton and enjoyed the film overall. Initially it felt very Bourne Identity, with the way it was shot. Then eventually it felt generic. It wasn’t good, but it was average good. I heard some complaints that the Hulk looked too CGI, and if those people want the green skinned man like the TV show, then I think their expectations are off. It was nice to have a solid villan, unlike Iron Man. It was nice to see some good fight scenes. The flow of the movie felt comic book-ish and I liked this factor! Finally it was interesting to see the references to some sequels. Having avoided comic books takes the power out of these scenes for me, but the clapping nerds in front of me were giddy.

So, my encouragement is to check this film out if it looks good to you or if friends are pushing it. While it wasn’t as fun as Iron Man for me, it was still fun. Decide what you will and enjoy the nice cool air-conditioning of the theater. Mmmmmm…A/C!


2 comments:

Alyzzle said...

Your poll questions never have the option I want. So here it is, I really liked this movie. Not as cool as Ironman but still entertaining and more than I expected. Edward Norton is great and Hulk Smash was awesome.

Trent Lewis said...

We agree again. Sorry the poll didn't fit your needs. I will talk with our poll department.

© 2011 trent lewis

all rights reserved