Pages

Monday, June 16, 2008

I will be kind, and save you the rental

Photobucket
Witness one of the few funny frames from this film.



With Be Kind Rewind coming out on DVD I figured this was a good time to talk about this little film that wasn't kind or good. I caught this film in the theater, and I can assure you that it is not as good as we all want it to be. This is a movie about two friends that are forced to re-film an entire library of movies at their video store.

After watching the preview, I wanted this to be good. After hearing this is from the director of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, I wanted this to be great. After seeing this film, I wanted my 101 minutes back. If there were a 16-minute version that just had the sequences of re-filming the movies and screening them then I would enjoy it. This movie never finds its groove, has an odd tone, and in fact it doesn’t finish any of the love stories it tries to set up.

Great idea for a movie, Good actors that have potential, poorly executed. I’m going to put this movie in the “Take it out of your Netflix queue and look for clips on YouTube” category.

0 comments:

© 2011 trent lewis

all rights reserved