Pages

Thursday, June 19, 2008

The career ender for M. Night!

Photobucket
Do you see that crappy movie on the horizon? Lets avoid it at all cost.


Thoughts of Trent is arranging a new feature, and this film is a perfect thing to start with. The idea is for me to engage with a friend and debate a specific topic. My hope is that “The Happening” would be the first chance to try this new feature. I’m working out the kinks, but I couldn’t let the weekend go without warning people about this horrible movie. Seriously, this is bad. In my opinion this is a nail in the coffin of the writer/director role for Shyamalan.

I’m not going to ruin the movie because if you’re dumb enough to see the movie, then I want you to suffer by discovering the lame. Whatever is killing people is also making the acting horrible. If you can make me loathe Mark Wahlberg and Zooey Deschanel, then you have a bad movie on your hand. I was bored with the gore. While the movie is marketed well, the deaths are just silly to me. And wow, was that a good marketing campaign that focused on the R rating. So good that I thought I had sworn off M. Night after “Lady in the Water” but the advertisement was that good.

Serious disappointment once the movie started. It is a short film at 91 minutes but still feels long. I’m going to put this in the category of “don’t watch on the USA network even if you’re stuck in Duluth.” Avoid it at all cost. If this movie drops off this weekend it will help end the career of the pride driven M. Night Shyamalan. Stay tuned as I post a podcast with a friend who is dumb enough to admit to liking it!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahh! Don't tell me that! Well, it's kind of what I already know. Is the guy still a parody of himself? I'm disappointed because I absolutely love the animated series Avatar, which M. Night is signed up for to direct the live-action version of. (Whew. Sorry. There's a whole lot wrong with the grammar of that sentence.)

Trent Lewis said...

I accept your bad grammar because nothing looked super wrong to me.

-t

© 2011 trent lewis

all rights reserved