Pages

Thursday, March 18, 2010

American Idol Season 9 Top 12



Well, It's Idol time. The time of year when those of you who love idol come out to the blog in droves. Those who hate idol, well avert your eyes to these posts. Tonight's American Idol Blog will be written directly to the contestants. It's a reminder that I am talking about people, so I should be kind of nice. I wrote each of these before I heard from the judges.

Mike- Not great but he's a lovable guy and will be okay. I wasn't rocked by last week when everyone else was. I felt like you seemed small on the stage this week. Open it up.

Didi- Good night for you. I don't think you're a fabulous but I think she is super cute and should call me.

Casey- Blah Blah you're handsome. But there are plenty of handsome people who can sing. You're not one of those people. You don't sound bad, but you don't sound great. I'm sure there is a barn dance that needs a band with a hunky lead singer, you may want to check this out.

Lacey- Ehhh, I knew I knew you. You're that girl that sings at church. I'm not too impressed. No offense, I'd enjoy hearing you sing in church but not on TV, and DEFINITELY not on my iPod. 

Andrew- I love that song. It sounded rough for SURE! I really hope you step it up because you have 2 more weeks before I stop saying "I liked that guy before" and move into "I really don't like that guy."

Katie- You have not really impressed me and I was as surprised as you that you made the top 12. Then again the bar isn't that high this year. 

Tim- It's a good thing you're liked by the ladies. I was SHOCKED you made it this far. I'll say that you've shown improvement, but I'm not sure you have anything to say as an artist. 

Siobhan- Your name is weird. I really don't care for the screaming but I actually liked the arrangement. I guess you just feel volatile to me. I look forward to seeing more about your hippy family.

Lee- Pride of Chicago? Not quite. I've been to Chicago and there are better things in that city than you. I don't see what people like about you? You are sounding less like Creed which is more better. I felt awkward during the post interview because you were so nervous.

Paige- I really wasn't impressed by you. Not bad, I'd enjoy myself if I was seeing a play with you singing but beyond that, blah blah blah. 

Aaron- You deserve to win a HS talent show. That's it. I really don't get why you're still here. I wish that dancer guy was still here. I don't remember his name but I remember liking him more than you.

Crystal- You are good. Not great, and not as good as everyone is saying you are, but you're good. I wouldn't mind seeing you as an opening band, but at this point, I don't have any desire to see you headline. Tonight's song was a good encore song, but not a great opening the concert song. At this stage of the game we need "opening the concert" songs. 

Overall, Ellen makes me laugh, good addition but may be too little too late. Simon is disengaged and I really don't see him outside of Idol, but I could be wrong. Randy is just Randy, predictable and not articulate. Kara seems more flighty since Paula left the show. I wonder if this is not an issue of Paula's drug habits, but the producers forcing that flighty element.

RESULT SHOW: Okay good... I'm glad we're getting rid of the bad people but honestly I'm not rooting for anyone. Bye bye Lacey, the churches praise team will welcome you back after you get done with the summer tour because you won't have a career to keep you busy.

It may be too late for this show. Not much wowing taking place this season and let's be honest, watching Idol is a commitment of time. 

0 comments:

© 2011 trent lewis

all rights reserved