Pages

Friday, March 19, 2010

Movie: Law Abiding Citizen

3/19/10 "Law Abiding Citizen plays to a sense of justice, not to a sense of art"


Continuing the RedBox series, I picked up Law Abiding Citizen. I'd heard great reviews from friends, so I was hoping for a good movie. What I got was an average movie. In hind sight, I should have considered the reviews from friends. In general, when people described the movie, their tone of voice changed. It wasn't excited and up, it wasn't contemplative and soft, it was as if their tone was that of a vigilante. 


This movie opens with a father watching criminals torture and murder his wife and daughter. He spends the rest of the time seeking out revenge on his terms. He is unsatisfied with the justice system so only he can solve this. I think people recommending the film took on a voice because they like a "take it in your own hands" story. I also think they like to see some shocking deaths. It was as if "Final Destination" and "A Time To Kill", were in a room together and there was so much love they made a baby, and it was "Law Abiding Citizen". 


It was just blah. A series of scenes about chock, that's it. If you want to see this kind of thing then you will enjoy this film. For me, it was average. It wasn't great but I was entertained. The Verdict: I feel like I got my dollars worth, barely.

0 comments:

© 2011 trent lewis

all rights reserved