Pages

Monday, February 22, 2010

FYI: Feed Your iPod



My friend emailed me this last week to ask for some musical tips. She is traveling to NYC and wants to fill her new iPod with some favorites. After writing her a long list I decided to put it on here. This list isn't exhaustive because I know she has other stuff, but these are things I know she doesn't have... maybe you don't either, so Enjoy.

INDIE TYPE STUFF
Poison & Wine by The Civil Wars
Northern Sky by Nick Drake
Let it be me by Ray LaMontagne
You Are the Best Thing Ray LaMontagne
Simple Things by Amy Kuney

a good EP is... The Tip Jar Volume 1- Obadiah Parker... only getting 2
songs? lame, you shouldn't but check these 2...
Let's stay together
Hey Ya

great album... 19 by Adele get the whole thing, but these songs are great...
Daydreamer
Chasing Pavements
Make you Feel My Love

album... Battle Studies by John Mayer is a CD that grows on you. I
likes a LOT... a few in case you can't commit.
Heartbreak Warfare
Friends, Lovers or Nothing
Who Says
Perfectly Lonely

Jason Mraz's new album is decent... I like these songs.
I'm Yours
Lucky
If it Kills Me
Make it Mine

500 days of summer soundtrack. If not the whole thing, these 5 songs...
Us - Regina Spektor
She's Got You High - Mumm-Ra
Hero - Regina Spektor
Mushaboom - Feist
Sweet Disposition - The Temper Trap

FREE & FUN SONG THAT MAKES ME WANT TO SIP FRUITY DRINKSHorchata- Vampire Weekend (http://vampireweekend.com/horchata/)

REQUIRED HIP HOP SONG TO WALK THE NYC STREETS TOEmpire State of Mind by Jay-Z

OTHER GOOD HIP HOPImma Be by Black Eyed Peas
Thank you by Jay-z
Rising Up by The Roots (give this song a minute, it gets catchy and then you love it.)
Stronger by Kanye West
Umbrella Rihanna & Jay-Z

If you don't have The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill by Lauryn Hill, that is a crime. Remedy this situation. Too Cheap? At least get these...
Lost Ones
Doo Wap (that thing)
Superstar
Every Ghetto Every City
Everything is Everything

YES, I OWN THIS AND YOU SHOULD TOO...
Party in the U.S.A. Miley Cirus
Don't Stop the Music by Rihanna

GOOD MORE ROCKIN THAN INDIE, BUT GOOD
Come on get Higher by Matt Nathenson
breakeven by The Script
Believe (Moon Version) by The Bravery
Conductor by We Were Promised Jet Packs
That's not my name by the ting tings
Shut up and let me go by the ting tings

whole album... no list of selections, just get it...
Only by the Night- Kings of Leon

GOOD SONGS TO WALK TO IN THE AIRPORT AND FEEL LIKE YOU'RE IN A MOVIE
Rose Rouge (radio edit) by Analogue People
Around the World by Daft Punk
Somewhere Over the Rainbow / What a Wonderful World by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
Mondo '77 by Looper

1 comments:

Alyzzle said...

You and that horchata song! Ugh. I have to admit, I own it too :)

© 2011 trent lewis

all rights reserved