Pages

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Movie: Precious

3/20/10 "This is the feel horrible movie of the year, and that's just what it should be."


Brutal. That is all I can really say about this movie. It was brutal. Spoiler alert, this movie isn't a feel good experience. In fact it was the hardest movie I've watched in a long time. It wasn't my regular RedBox faire. This film isn't perfect by any means, it is kind of slow at points and feels low budget/cheesy during some scenes, but that isn't there where it counts. It is absolutely gripping at points. I felt horrible for this poor girl, and absolutely loathed her mother... loathed.

Towards the end of the movie, after a powerful monologue I didn't find myself forgiving Monique's character. Instead I found myself hurting for a world that breeds these situations. This is a movie that you go into ready to feel sad and not redeemed. So, would I recommend it, yes if you know what you're getting into. I got my $1's worth, but I also felt sad for a few hours.

0 comments:

© 2011 trent lewis

all rights reserved