Pages

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Movie: Gran Torino

3/21/10 "This is without a doubt, one of the most horrible films I've seen in a long time."



Okay, we're keeping this RedBox series going and it's taking a turn for the worse. When I saw this title on the screen at my local RedBox I was happy, I was reminded that I wanted to see this movie when it came out but didn't have the chance. I'd heard that this was the last performance of Clint Eastwood so I was interested. The premise was interesting too; an old white man in a changing neighborhood who makes a connection with a young asian man who is being terrorized by a local gang. It had this appeal of an old cowboy who defends his homestead. I enjoy Eastwood as a director and thought this final film could be great.

Wow, was I wrong. This movie is horrific. The acting is absolutely horrible. Eastwood is worse than usual but his performance looks like a tour de force compared to the other actors. After a little research on IMDB I learned that most of the supporting cast was made up of local actors. It was embarrassing, below student film caliber. It was unbearably bad. Decent premise, had a predictable but powerful ending, but this couldn't redeem the film. If this was the way Eastwood wants to end his acting career, then I am sad for him. It's like Joe Montana ending his career in Kansas City. 

My advice, unless you plan on making fun of this movie in a room full of witty friends, save your time and money. I'm glad it only cost me a dollar. Other than that, this movie isn't worth a penny, it is genuinely horrible. I know I am being strong with my words, but I'll be honest... this movie is THAT BAD!

0 comments:

© 2011 trent lewis

all rights reserved