Pages

Monday, May 5, 2008

Then there were 4.

Photobucket
Trivia: Brooke White is just a stage name she took on.
Her real name is Sobby McCries-a-lot




What a week in Idol…Drunk Paula, New Format, Simon’s first kiss, I found it pretty exciting. Unfortunately, most of America is not finding it as interesting. Apparently the ratings are down 25% over last year. That means there are a few million people deciding that American Idol is not as appealing. While the producers try and respond it will get interesting. I think their latest attempt in trying to have the judges give comments later in the show is a bad idea.

I am finding myself more and more annoyed with Archuleta. He seems really fake to me, he does the same hand motion every time he performs and there is nothing original or current about him. My feeling is that his record sales would be in the Fantasia/Taylor Hicks category, instead of the Daughtry/Carrie Underwood category. Hopefully the votes stay on track and we find David Cook to be the next American Idol.

I find the voting interesting. America clearly grew tired of Brooke White and I believe many felt she consistently hadn’t shined. I am sure the swing votes moved from her to Syesha. The question will be whether or not Jason or Syesha will go home first. Based on last week, I think it’s going to be Jason Castro. I think he is bored, doesn’t have drive and America will respond to that. While Syesha is destined for Broadway and not what I think America wants in an Idol, she is ambitious. She is going to make every song she does from here on out a show tune, and I think that energy will allow her to skate past Jason.

Then again, I shouldn’t underestimate the 8th grade girls that are smitten with the pot-smoking clown face of Jason Castro. Is it enough though?

4. Jason Castro
3. Syesha Mercado
2. David Archuleta
1. David Cook

It’s worth watching in my opinion.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

i could not agree with you more. GG is all about the Archuleta and everytime i say i dont like him she pounds her hand on the table and gets mad at me. i am now at the point where i do it for effect.
i am now officially in the ttlII camp.

Trent Lewis said...

Oh, silly GG. I think the fact that she is enthralled with Archuleta is another indication of his relevance.

It's going to get interesting!

Thanks for the comment.

Alyzzle said...

I hope you're right from here on out. I like the lineup you have. But then again, America is crazy and I think most are drunk with whatever Paula drinks. So, who really knows what will happen? Oh, the producers probably do.

Trent Lewis said...

Thanks for the comment!

I hope I am right too! Not just for justice, but for my own pride which has been bruised the last few weeks :)

I am intrigued by your allegations of a conspiracy.

© 2011 trent lewis

all rights reserved