Pages

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Summer 08!

Photobucket
Indy is a great way to say, Summer is officially here.



I made the weekly trip to my post office box last week. It is only a weekly trip for one reason, Entertainment Weekly. I do love this little magazine and a friend had mentioned that this week’s edition was extra special. Yes, it was time for the annual, double issue known as the summer preview. Could this be true? I am not done with school, I am not wearing sandals, I haven’t had a popsicle. All of that indicates to me that it isn’t summer yet! But Hollywood is continually expanding the amount of time in the season and this year, it starts in early May with Iron man. I usually flip through Entertainment Weekly to read anything that grabs my attention. This week was special and I ended up spending a half hour reading on the couch.

I hear rumors and maybe see trailers for months in advance, but it isn’t until I read about it in Entertainment Weekly that I really fall in love and commit to the movies of the summer. I love this season, because I end up seeing about a movie a week and all of them are usually the best of the best. This year was no exception and while there aren’t as many “sure things” when it comes to potential blockbuster films there are many that grabbed my attention. Here are the movies that I will see FOR SURE!

Speed Racer
This just looks yummy. While the directors brought us The Matrix which was great, they also brought us Matrix 2 & 3. I really look forward to seeing how this visually stunning movie turns out.
Prince Caspian
While the first film wasn’t the best, it was good. I love these books and Prince Caspian is one of my favorites. The previews seem very “300” esque, and I could listen to Aslan roar all day long.
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
I thought Last Crusade was a great way to go out. I really hope this movie doesn’t overdo the Leathal Weapon 3, “I’m too old for this” theme. But even if that hope isn’t met, this is one film I plan on seeing at midnight.
The Happening
The preview I saw was gripping. It has a better buzz then “Lady in the Water.” Sure M. Night has let me down lately, but the previews along made me pee a little.
Wall-E
I trust Pixar, and this looks great! I loved Short Circuit and Wall-E looks just like Johnny 5. Plus it’s a love story, I love love love it!
Hancock
This looks like fun to me. Will Smith looks like the perfect anti-hero and Jason Bateman had 2 moments in the trailer. Hopefully it has a good story to weave in the jokes and effects.
Dark Knight
Absolutely LOVED Batman Begins, loved it. And I appreciate that Christopher Nolan is going right at the old franchise and showing a new take on te Joker. It will surprised if this isn’t in my Top 3 of the summer.
Step Brothers
This movie with Will Ferrel and John C. Riley looks cheesy and simple, but I like it. I liked their chemistry in Talladega Nights I’d love to get some simple giggles from them again.


Did I miss anything? Let me know what you saw on The EW List that you think should be included in my list.

0 comments:

© 2011 trent lewis

all rights reserved