Pages

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

FYI- Feed Your Ipod: 80's Soft Rock Classics

FYI- Feed Your Ipod is a new feature here at Thoughts of Trent. This is a short list of songs that you should consider purchasing to make your Ipod more well rounded.

Random Purchase Recommendation


Photobucket
Friends remember the month when Michael McDonald's music filled my car and office; a Good month




So I am at work, plugging away at a project and listening to Kevin and Bean's podcast. I find it's a nice change of pace from music all day. Then someone on the show makes a random reference to an 80's song. Then I took a break an ended up hunting my Ipod for 80's soft rock classics. I spent the next 3 hours of work with an extra bounce in my step. It lead me to make this short list of 5 songs that you need to have on your Ipod. Please note, I am not making the ultimate top 5 list, or claiming these are the best of the decade. These aren't necessarily the obvious tracks that you will find on the Wedding Singer soundtrack, but still worthy of the title classic in my humble opinion. Take a look at the songs, and buy them. If it doesn't make you smile just a little then it's official, you have no soul.

1. Rosanna- Toto
2. Maneater- Hall & Oates
3. Saturday in the Park- Chicago
4. I Keep Forgettin'- Michael McDonald
5. Theme from "Greatest American Hero" (Believe It or Not)- Joey Scarbury

So the question is, what would be your 5 80's song recommendations?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't narrow it down to 5!

My top 10 80s songs (in no particular order)are currently:

No One Is To Blame
by Howard Jones
25 or 6 to 4
by Chicago (gotta have Chicago!)
Pour Some Sugar On Me
by Def Leppard
Sign Your Name
by Terence Trent D'Arby
Easy Lover
by Philip Bailey w/Phil Collins
I Need You Tonight
by INXS
Jessie's Girl
by Rick Springfield
Sweet Child O' Mine
by Guns N' Roses (they love that apostrophe!)
Can't Fight This Feeling
by REO Speedwagon
Electic Avenue
by Eddie Grant

Actually, now that I look at the list, maybe these are my guilty pleasures!

Mike Best

Trent Lewis said...

GREAT CHOICES! I went for Soft Rock but these are some great songs.

Good call Best.

© 2011 trent lewis

all rights reserved