Pages

Thursday, March 27, 2008

America Continues to get it right!

Photobucket
Peace out Chikezie, it was time.



We look over our countries history and as great of a nation we are, occasionally we make the wrong choice. Both Sanjaya and Slavery are things that should have never plagued our history and took far too long to be removed. In fact, I wonder if America is operating under Sanjaya Guilt, similar to white guilt. This year it is clear that America is following the cues of the judges and want to vote for a good singer.

Whatever the motivation, I am glad that we’re getting it right so far. Last night when Chikezie was voted off, I was proud of our country. This guy consistently picked the wrong song because he was the wrong guy. He was a nice enough guy, but not a strong singer and not Marketable. That marketability factor makes me wonder if David Cook will beat David Archuleta. America let Daughtry miss his chance for the joke that is Taylor Hicks. Archuleta doesn’t have a pop style voice and is a little too Clay Aiken in style. My hope is that story looses and well-rounded marketability wins. Maybe there’s Daughtry Guilt too? Only time will tell.

I want Ramiele voted off next. Unfortunately I think she will stick around, but in my opinion her and Kristy Lee Cook are now the weakest. I just want to keep Kristy Lee Cook around longer because of her heart-warming story about selling her horse…Who am I kidding, I think she’s pretty and would miss that smile.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I lovingly disagree with this assessment. Mr. Chikezie-ezie is good, plain and simple. Yes, he is only marketable to a certain population (myself included), and, yes, he did not always choose the best song (who does??) but he had an amazing voice - much better than Ms. Cook and Ramiele (sorry if misspelled). On a completely different side note, quite frankly, I don't understand the male fascination with Ms. Cook -- she's cute and all, and she definitely seems extremely nice, but she is little more than average. And Ramiele is no different than most of the other females who have entered the contest - She's got a huge voice, but she's a pop star. That's it. She will do nothing else other than become another CD on the Walmart shelf. At least Chikezie offered something different. He had a depth to his voice, a purity that was something along the lines of Brian McKnight. And, yes, I'm a huge McKnight fan. I guess that's why I'm so sad to see Chikezie leave. Of course, I certainly didn't see him going all the way - I gave him about two more weeks - but, really, I'd rather hear him than I would some of the others who are still around. The others better step up their game if they want my vote - I mean, seriously, you're pulling out "And I'm proud to be an American"?? That IS one of my favorite gut-wrenching songs, but seriously. that should not be allowed.

Trent Lewis said...

Thanks for the comment.

Chikezie and McKnight??? Besides their gender and skin color, I see zero comparison. McKnight is not very current either. In my opinion it's been downhill for McKnight for the last 10 years. Anytime was his best album.

I am not fascinated with Ms. Cook, I just think she's pretty, thats all. Everyone described in this article are going to be victims in the next 5 weeks. Then it will get truly interesting.

Look forward to hearing back from you, anonymous.

© 2011 trent lewis

all rights reserved