Pages

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Great Final Show...

Great show, hopefully we get the right result.

I'm pretty busy right now, but today I came home from the library a little early and started texting like mad. I have unlimited texts for moments like this and have been going non-stop since 10. I realize I'm acting like a 12 year old girl, but I can't help it. I really want Kris to win. I feel like it will be a big moral victory. The broadway star who squeals is not a relevant artist.

Tonight's show in my opinion went to Kris. His opening song was stronger without a doubt and more original. The second song got undue criticism for being too low key, I think that's ridiculous, it was a Kris take on the song and I liked it a lot. I've heard Stevie Wonder sing with just a piano and vocals in that room and it filled it just fine. I will say that Adam had a better performance that round. With that said Simon Fuller picked great songs, clearly he's a talented producer.

Then the show ended with the another sub par idol song... just lame. Kara didn't write that, she gave it a pass after two other writers did all the work. I wish they'd let this concept go, unfortunately I think they make money so it's too tempting to force them to perform the same song back to back. I don't know, make it a pool of songs, that they can choose from... this is a dated concept.

The show moved along and was pure singing. It didn't feel drawn out, it didn't have the cheesy boxing intro like last year. It was song after song and brief commentary, great job producers. Tomorrows show is the 2 hour pomp and circumstance session and seems fitting.

So, I've gotta run, I have more texting to do. Hopefully good news tomorrow.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Trent, you were right and I was wrong! You called it. I wanted to make sure that EVERYONE checks the date and time of this post. Great job Trent. You have been saying for weeks that Kris was your favorite (even though I know inside your were a Danny lover - you just knew he wouldn't win). Trent predicted this outcome.

Trent Lewis said...

Mike, you're a man of your word.

© 2011 trent lewis

all rights reserved