Pages

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

American Idol: Big Girls DO Cry!

It takes a big man to cry.
It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man.
-Jack Handy

So, I had a pretty heartless Idol experience yesterday. I was wiped out and I think it left me feeling like it was a bland week. Well tonight after watching Idol and getting teary eyed I realized I was either heartless last night or too emotional tonight. I was watching the Ford commercial, which I never do, but I had some video ideas so I watched. Anyway, I started thinking how much I liked the top 5.

Even though I don't like Adam, still he doesn't ruin it. These top 5 contestants are talented, fun, and interesting. While watching the food fight I was reminded how they all felt like normal people; down to earth. Even though I am sure that food fight was prompted by producers, it was a real food fight, total mess and real competition. I like that. (The whole give them the bill thing was silly. I could have cleaned that fight up and replaced broken items for 2,000; those maids were a rip off!)

As they all talked about what a great top 5 it was I just kept agreeing. When Matt left I was sad. Watching his video I got a little misty. No tears rolling down my cheek, but I was choked up. I guess I am enjoying this season more than I expected. I guess I will feel loss when everyone gets voted off (except Adam, that would be sweet justice.) By the way, how great was it seeing Adam in the bottom 2! I had my fingers crossed. Maybe next week he'll get the boot! Either way, next time I'll bring tissues.

0 comments:

© 2011 trent lewis

all rights reserved