Pages

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A slightly disappointing week on Idol

The top 8 from season 7 seemed more memorable.
I'm not sure I will remember half of the top 8 from this year.


This week, I'm blogging while I watch.

Danny Gokey- A little pitchy at the start. I hate this arrangement, it feels like something I'd of heard in my orthodontist office in 1991. It was just lacking for me, let's see what the judges think.

Kris Allen- "The instructor of the ferris wheel" someone can't speak properly. Not a huge fan of the horn section, I really like this song but this doesn't seem contemporary! Another thing, please have them perform on the stage, not on the floor. It feels silly.

Lil Rounds- Seriously, when are we going to stop this. Same thing every week, no one will buy a record from her. Judges agree.

Anoop Desai- forgetable, I mean not as bad as the past weeks but not good.

Scott MacIntyre- LAME! Stop stop stop stop voting for him America.

Allison Iraheta- I cracked up laughing when her dad seemed so uninterested in what her mom was saying. Very funny. Atleast she tamed her hair this week. Song wasn't bad, but Simon gave some really great advice.

Matt Giraud- I liked the song a lot, good version of a great song. It really showed off what you do well.

then, my DVR cut off, I thought there was at least one more and I realized it was Adam Lambert, so I googled it and found a copy of the performance online. Because the show ran WAY long (why?!?) the only judge that responded was Simon and he gave a standing ovation.

Now, I enjoyed this the most of any performance he's ever done. But It's just a great and amazing song. He did a really great job tailoring it to his voice and style. I don't like him after this, but I liked that performance.

Ok, American Idol producers need to get it in gear and get the show to not run too long. And everyone needs to step it up, this week was a bit of a let down. Come on NEXT WEEK!

0 comments:

© 2011 trent lewis

all rights reserved