Pages

Friday, January 1, 2010

Thoughts of Trent: The Evolution



When I started this blog 2 years ago, it was a chance to share my opinion about things. What it evolved into was a chance to write articles. Articles take time, require structure and are more work than just posting thoughts. The last year has been one of the busiest of my life and consequently the blog suffered. I just didn't have the time in my day to write a fancy article for every bit of media I encountered.

Now I am not saying life is going to change and I will find more time to blog, because that isn't going to happen. I simply want to redefine what this blog is going to be about which will allow for more content. I guess overall I'd like to lower the bar on what I write here. I'm not going to feel the need to write a long witty article that I secretly hope would end up on The Daily Beast. Instead this will be like my online Moleskine, you know those hipster journals made famous by Hemingway. Now, with that said this will not be my diary or journal where I share my deep dark secrets. I will not use this as a passive aggressive tool to make a point.

Content will vary:
Sometimes the writing will be deep and sometimes shallow.
Sometimes I will post content I've seen other places and sometimes I will post content I've created.

Content will be fluid:
Posts will not be definitive. For instance, my opinion may change or something new may come up. If that's the case, I will simply add to my existing post and change the date so it gets a bump to the top.

Content will be about everything:
I will write about things that I've seen and my thoughts. Just because I write about something doesn't mean I'm endorsing it. Everyone needs to use their judgment about what is good for them to watch.

So, I we will see how this new direction goes. I hope you enjoy the ride. I hope that you discover some new things threw this blog. I hope that you agree and disagree with me, but comment accordingly. I hope that my blog becomes a representation of who I am, not who I want to be.

2 comments:

danny said...

sounds like someone's New Year's Resoluting.

Trent Lewis said...

originally I blabbered on for a while about how I don't "resolute", but then I decided not to try and justify myself.

© 2011 trent lewis

all rights reserved