Pages

Sunday, March 1, 2009

go see this movie.


watch the trailer, if this move has zero appeal then I got to say, I think you have zero taste.


When I first saw this trailer, it gave me chills. Liam Neeson has never struck me as an actor star, but he sounds so intimidating and driven in this scene of the film. The movie has a European feel to it and at times this can be a little bit campy. But those lacking moments are more than made up for. This father hunting for his daughters captors is driven and it made me feel driven. I found my hands balled up into fists a few times while watching. It broke my heart and made me want to put the smack down...what a great combination.

I wasn't driven to see this film, but a buddy of mine was willing to see it a second time. He pointed out that the movie makes you escape. It's just popcorn, it's not like its an award winning film. But let's be honest, Popcorn sometimes is just downright tasty. See this movie in the theater, because it will help encourage the studios to make films like this. Hey, I'll even go see it again, it was that good.

Have you seen it? What did you think?

2 comments:

Courtney said...

it was pretty good. saw it cuz of your review. thanks :)

Trent Lewis said...

Courtney...glad you liked it. I'm shocked to hear someone actually followed my advice. It makes me sensitive to what I say.

© 2011 trent lewis

all rights reserved