Pages

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Adele is a delight.

Seeing this pic makes me want to go hang out in Britain and wear scarves.
I'd probably have a lame fake accent, but I'd enjoy myself.
Please make donations to the "Trent to the UK fund"


A friend made me a mix tape for my birthday, and it had a single song from Adele. (Side Note: I am surprised mix tapes, or mix discs aren't as popular as they were back in the day.) I couldn't get the song out of my head. I not only bought the song, I bought the whole album based on the 30 sec previews of 3 songs. It was so very good.

Within a few days of listening to her non-stop, I sent a "strong-recommendation" over Facebook to a few friends who share a love of good good music. My friend Jessica One responded that she'd check it out, the other sent back a reply within a few minutes and said that SHE LOVED HER. We both raved over how she has a rich and soulful voice and shows a maturity beyond her 19 years. Its so much fun when you share a moment like that. Well, this friend is a kindred musical spirit and did me a huge favor. She got me tickets to see Adele live in Concert!

I'd tried to get tickets months in advance, but it didn't work out and then she asked a friend at work the week of and got 2 tickets. I was extremely grateful to be asked. That really is the best. So, we saw the concert at the Wiltern. It was a blast. We were 2nd from the last row, but that didn't matter. There's this point where if you aren't in the first 10 rows, well, any other seat is a good seat. The show was a lot of fun. It was only disappointing on one front, it was EXACTLY like the album. She sounded great, but didn't explore the music as much as I'd hoped she would. That's what I always want, is to see what an artist does musically. There was one awkward transition between two songs where the band just didn't click but other than that she'd start a song and the band would completely stop and it sounded just like the record.

With that, this is a good album to hear live. You should go buy it. Give a few songs a listen on her website and myspace...remember myspace? When I listen to the song, "Make you feel my love" I get chills thinking about hearing it live. It was ridiculously good. I'm grateful for good friends, good shows and good music. When the three come together... super success.

Go check out Adele and tell me your thoughts.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I still listen to KCRW online, but rarely will I hear something that makes me want to stop and pay attention enough to remember and research the artist. I did do that with Adele, though. For a non-musickie like myself, that's probably saying something.

Danny

Trent Lewis said...

thanks for the comment danny. I agree, she's awesome. KCRW can give some good tips and also a lot of garbage.

© 2011 trent lewis

all rights reserved