Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

American Idol: Top 13

So here is the Top 13. I am not freaking out like most people seem to be over the 13. At least there are now 13 people.

S0 I am tired, feeling sick, ready to just go to sleep. Hey, there's Idol on the TiVo. Okay, I will watch a few contestants. WHAT! Michael Jackson Night!!! I am in it to win it. I really love the King of Pop, so I will blog and watch moment by moment. (Please note, it's moment by moment, so I am not just writing down what the judges say.) For those of you that have been asking lately, THIS is when my American Idol blogging kicks into gear. For those of you that hate this time of year when it comes to my blog...sorry, deal with it.

-Lil Rounds:
It sounded like the original arrangement of the song... I disagree with the judges saying it's original because it wasn't. I am not freaking out about this contestant. I am wondering when the hype will die down.

-Scott MacIntyre: Not a fan of this arrangement at all. It feels like a track I would buy in 1991 to a MWS song at Valley Book & Bible. That reference may go over your head, but let's just say its bad. Everyone is applauding his story, not his performance. How long will that last? And here we go, Simon drops the truth on everyone. Great job Simon.

-Danny Gokey: P.Y.T.: I am all about this song. Just hearing the title gave me the chills. He really owned the stage and then he danced like a mid-west church employee. Hopefully he doesn't keep dancing. Paula is drunk. Simon is calling him out on his lack of dancing. I voted for Danny.

-Michael Sarver: Nothing special, you'll be back working the oil rig in the next 3 weeks...sorry man.

-Jasmine Murray: I think she is over-rated. Wrong song choice, you're gonna be compared with Mariah and you don't match up. Boring, Boring, Boring.

-Kris Allen: Watching his intro I think, who is this guy? I am not sure if my love for MJ is making me like this guy more than he is deserving. He's definitely trying to be noticed by his arrangement. I liked his guitar. Awww... can't go for the big note, nice cop out. Paula is WAY drunk. Seriously, it's time for her to be done with this show. Ok, I will remember this guy now. I voted for Kris.

-Allison Iraheta: What's up Latina Pink! Seriosuly trying really hard to copy that artist. I guess that made me bored. I wasn't thrilled.

-Anoop Desai: Messed up the words, boo on that. This wasn't a very fresh performance, to pull a Simon quote "It was a bit Kareoke." And then, PAULA said it. I think he's going to stick around, but then when they made him out to be the guy that eeked in, America may give him the bounce.

-Jorge Nunez: Wrong song dude, wrong wrong song. This song played to his weaknesses. I don't care for this guy to be honest. He's just an average voice, has an 80's vibe, and is only here because he's a personality. Simon says "you sorta did" and I errupt in laughter. Wow, I'm right on point with the judges. (Maybe it should be Me, Kara and Simon next year as the judges.)

-Megan Joy Corkrey: Well, this girl is really pretty thats for sure. I was really sad watching her intro video with her son, It broke my heart. I don't know what I think of this song choice. I mean I like the song, but it's a little 50's and doesn't show the edge that you want to see from this girl. She sang it well, but I just don't like the vibe. Little pitchy on that last note and then a "ka-ka", that was silly.

-Adam Lambert: So, this is the guy lots of people are freaking out about and I am just over him. He's cross between an 80's hair band and Broadway as a vocalist with an Emo hair cut. Stop squealing and sing the melody. He clearly is confident on stage. Paula is talking about how great it is that he's seasoned. I don't care for that actually...I think its like cheating. I disagree with Simon here...it wasn't that good. It's not that current! AHHHH....get over it people.

-Matt Giraud: It was neat to see his dad get all broken up, good story. Let's see if he has the chops to back it up. I love this song so so much, I really enjoyed his performance. It made me want to learn to play piano even more. I really liked it. It's a bummer the judges are rushing through his critique... because I like this guy. I voted for him.

-Alexis Grace: Apparently this is the season of Single Moms, I love love love this song. Side Note: I really like the screen between the judges and the main stage... great idea. Okay, back to this song, you've got to have soul and passion to sing this song and she just had pep. She's a cute girl, and will probably make it through based on that. Wrong song.

Prediction of who is gone...
Jorge Nunez & Michael Sarver (Maybe Anoop)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with all. Especially Adam Lambert. The fact that he has already been on stage in Wicked for a long time is totally not fair. They already eliminated one person this season for recording songs. He was Fiyero for crying out loud, and as far as originality goes he's the fourth Jonas Brother.

Nicole Hahn said...

give it up for the vb&b comment. i thought the same thing! ha! i voted for the same people as you did....jarrod thinks i am silly and i just kept saying 'be the change you want to see in the world jhahn1'...he shrugged and kept working on his sign language.
i respect your opinion and thought of you when they said it was MJ night!

Trent Lewis said...

Thanks for the comments.

Tim- Thanks for having my back. 4th Jonas is RIGHT!

Nicole- "Be the change" is right. I was a little bummed that they didn't do some more obvious MJ songs, no thriller, wanna be startin' even some of his newer stuff. I guess there's so much, but still some people should have chosen some good arrangements of the hits.

Anyway, thanks for reading, tonight will be the big reveal!

Alyzzle said...

I don't have TV so thanks for keeping me in the loop. I'm just gonna say whatever you say about these people so I sound cool.

Trent Lewis said...

Alyssa. I'm glad I can help.

Anonymous said...

I used to love you...then I read your hateful remarks about Adam. Why the hate Mr. Lewis? I truly thought of you as a dear friend. I was a faithful reader of Thoughts of Trent. You may have to find a new place to celebrate the Oscars. OHHH NOOO SHEE DIDUNT!

xoxoxxo
Mrs. W

Trent Lewis said...

Mrs. W

I appreciate the comment, as I appreciate all comments on my site. I am also appreciative that you are a faithful reader, BUT...just because someone is in the cast of a great musical, doesn't make them a great pop star.

With that, I will retract my comments in a heart beat if it means I can get my Oscar House back. What can I say, I have no integrity.

-trent

Anonymous said...

Mr. Lewis,

The fact that Adam was in the one of the greatest musicals of all time, basically gives him a pass to the final two. That said, I applaud your lack of integrity. If you can fefrain from spewing your Adam-Hating diatribe (it is like venom), I think Mr. W and I can see to it that you can once again be an honored guest at our Oscarpaloozathon. This year we will celebrate without Radon.

Much love to you Mr. Lewis and again it takes a big man to admit their mistakes.

xoxoxo
Mrs. W.

Trent Lewis said...

Mrs. W.

I am not admitting my mistake, I am retracting my statement. There is a subtle difference. Admitting my mistake is me saying I'm wrong, which in my heart I know I'm not. Retracting the statement is just not trying to anger my gracious host so pretending that I didn't say it.

Since this site is called "Thoughts of Trent", not "Things Trent says that are okay with all his friends" I may continue to "spew venom." If you comment every time, I will retract every time, but we will both know what I am really thinking.

-Trent

p.s. you close escrow on national submarine day, something to think about.

© 2011 trent lewis

all rights reserved