Pages

Thursday, September 11, 2008

9/11

Photobucket Image Hosting


I remember…
- awaking to immediately hear that America was under attack.
- seeing the images of the planes hitting the towers over and over.
- the people running in the streets with ash filling the sky.
- crying.
- being sure another plane would hit another building any minute.
- feeling fear, anger and patriotism all at once .
- understanding why hundreds of thousands of young men enlisted in the weeks following Pearl Harbor.
- knowing the world would be different from that day on.
- going to work that night to an empty restaurant, wondering if a year later I’d have been drafted and serving in the Army.
- wanting to have an enemy to focus on, but not knowing what nation to blame.
- thinking I’d never forget this day.

1 comments:

Jennifer Chavez said...

I really appreciate this blog. I will never forget that morning. I was sitting on your bed when mom told us. Thanks for posting this. On 9/11 this year I sort of in a way I was the only person in california who remembered =)

© 2011 trent lewis

all rights reserved