Pages

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

John Mayer shouldn’t just be on my iPod, he should be on my TiVo!

watch before you read, its worth it.



John Mayer: ”Ladies the Fleetwood Mac Concert has been cancelled.”
Classic.



Last week I caught a few minutes of TMZ. Okay, I watched the whole show because I have a season pass, its one of the only things I am not proud of on my TiVo. It makes me laugh to see celebrities make fools of themselves. Anyway, I had the rare opportunity of seeing a celebrity make a fool out of TMZ. John Mayer had the cameras follow him on the streets of New York for a half hour while he made a fool out of them. He has a reputation for making jokes while he exits clubs, but this time he took a good chunk of his day to be stupid.

It cracked me up and reminded me that John Mayer is not just a great musician, he is a down right funny fellow. A few years back I came across a TV show called “John Mayer has a TV show.” It was really funny then and cracked me up again when I watched it this week. Here is a guy that is ridiculously talented on the guitar. Here is a guy that has thousands of girls screaming his name every time he goes on stage. And here is a guy that will dress up in a bear costume to mock himself and his fans.

He is not mean spirited; he just doesn’t take himself that serious. It is his willingness to laugh at what he does that is appealing. The TV show has one episode, which makes no sense to me. Hopefully he considers making more shows in the future, because I would not only watch the show, I would buy the DVD. The show certainly isn’t perfect, but it is ridiculous. Luckily we can watch the show on YouTube and enjoy the shenanigans at our leisure. Thank you John Mayer for amazing music and down right funny TV.

0 comments:

© 2011 trent lewis

all rights reserved