Pages

Monday, June 29, 2009

Nick and Norah's Infinite Waste of Time

Their look of confusion is fitting. This movie is so bad, it baffles the mind.


This movie is really not good. I just finished watching it and I feel like it was a complete waste of time and I got nothing out of it. So I picked up my computer and was committed to getting at least a blog post out of it. Interesting idea, good MacGuffin, lots of hipster music; I'm in. I like a good teen comedy and absolutely love Michael Cera. This movie disappoints on every front. The story feels like it never gets off the ground. It's full of cheesy dialogue trying to be sold as poetic musings of a teen lyricist. Just because you wear hip clothes and play a bunch of bands that aren't popular doesn't make your movie good.

In my opinion, Michael Cera needs to reconsider his choices with movies like this and Year One. Arrested Development and Juno are the kinds of films that he needs to make. This is like the generic version of Juno, missing the story and the soul. I'm sure his agent sold him on this film because it's a leading role but maybe he's not there yet.

Overall this movie goes into the, don't waste your time category. It's boring, trying to be current and not engaging. I hope you're able to save your time and money.

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

I'm sorry you're a victim of this mess too. As a friend, I should've warned you.

Trent Lewis said...

It's okay. Lesson learned, tough stuff.

© 2011 trent lewis

all rights reserved