Pages

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Disco Idol

It's disco night on Idol!


So, I watched this weeks online and then directly looked up the results. Here's the play by play...

Danny: Great great great, I really enjoyed it. I liked it, the most I've liked Danny in a while. It was like a modern Michael McDonald, and I love me some Michael McDonald!

Anoop: It was a different arrangement and he has a good voice (though his last note was all over the place) but he is just hanging on, not a contender. Ouch, Simon drops the bomb on him.

Lil: Okay, America, this needs to stop. I am embarrassed when I hear the crowds cheering because it indicates that we have no musical taste. OUCH, judges are working her, and saying what needs to be said. I think the judges may have put a fork in her... she's done.

Matt: Now, this was a fun performance. Good arrangement with a Michael Jackson vibe. (Though a little reminiscent of the lounge band in Swingers, but that too makes me happy.) He definitely laid it all out on the floor tonight.

Allison: Ok, this girl can sing... she looks ridiculous, but her vocals are amazing.

Adam: I just feel like I start to like his voice and arrangement and then he starts squealing. Come on dude, really.

Kris: GREAT IDEA... it felt like I was at a Mraz concert and he was doing a cover. That's the kind of thing crowds just LOVE... I enjoyed it immensely...enough to download. I know he's my favorite so I'm biased, but he wins the night. WOW!

Ok, not surprised and downright happy with the results. That's exactly who needed to go home. Lil dug her grave by being Karaoke and being arrogant. Simon has a lot of pull, his words matter.

Okay, good stuff. I have a little bit of Idol fatigue, so give me some feedback if you're liking the posts... agreeing or disagreeing.

0 comments:

© 2011 trent lewis

all rights reserved